Gun-Sight Mountain

Gunsight's post office was established June 27, 1892 and discontinued January 6, 1896. Named after a nearby mountain that resembles a Gunsight, this site was discovered in 1878. Silver was the mainstay and the town had about 50 residents. Luckily for these miners there was a nearby ranch to provide them with vegetables and dairy products. Eventually the mines played out and Gunsight became a the ghost it is today.